Ummmmm… HELLO! Sweet Potatoes stuffed with pulled pork? Say no more, we’re into it.
We made these bad boys for a lunch event last week, but the great news is they are perfect to make at home for your friends and family!!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups Apple and Onion Pulled Pork
- 1/2 cup apple, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup stock (I used beef but you can use chicken or vegetables)
- 1/2 shredded cheese of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork and bake them for about 45 minutes. Turn over potatoes halfway through baking. If you prefer to use the microwave, cook them on high for 6-8 minutes. Turn over potatoes halfway through cooking.
- Let them cool enough to be able to handle them. Cut them lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh, leaving a 1/4 inch thick skin.
- In a bowl, combine flesh, pulled pork, apple and stock. Mix well to combine.
- Fill sweet potatoes with pulled pork mixture and top with shredded cheese.
- Arrange potato skins on a lined baking sheet or baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and serve.