Jamaican me hungry! We stumbled upon this recipe from one of our favorite foodie bloggers and recreated it for lunch one day. If you’re looking to spice up the dinner table, this one’s for you!
15 minute prep + 30 minute cook time = 45 mins total. Makes 4-6 servings.prep time:
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (or regular molasses)
- 2 tablespoons coconut rum (optional)
- 2 habanero chilies, seeded
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro (or 1/2 teaspoon cardamon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons all-spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 3-4 pounds chicken breast, thighs or legs (I used mostly breasts with a few thighs + legs interspersed)
- half a small pineapple, cored and sliced thin
- 1/2 of a blood orange, sliced thin with the peel on
- 1/2 of a grapefruit, sliced thin with the peel on
- 1/2 of a cara cara orange, sliced thin with the peel on
- 1 lime, sliced thin with the peel on
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
To a blender, add the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, coconut rum (if using), habanero chilies, ginger, garlic, green onions, cilantro, thyme, all-spice, cinnamon salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add in more olive oil if the sauce seems a little too thick.
Now grab the oranges, grapefruit and limes and very thinly slice them. Lay the slices along with the pineapple slices on the prepared baking sheet. Place the chicken pieces over the citrus. Brush each chicken piece with the sauce.
Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked throughout. I brushed my chicken with the remaining sauce half way through roasting. Serve the chicken with the roasted citrus slices.
[Recipe from Half Baked Harvest]